onDemand Managing MSW Collection Systems Training Course
OBJECTIVES: Managing MSW Collection Systems gives industry professionals an excellent grounding in the various issues involved in the management of municipal solid waste collection systems, including:
- Municipal solid waste design and operation
- Methods, types, and levels of collection services
- Collection equipment types, design and maintenance practices
- Specifications for collection equipment
- The four “proven” collection methods
- Collection vehicle routing guidelines and techniques
- Yard waste, special waste, and commercial waste collection guidelines and techniques
- Collection services organization and management
- Cost accounting practices and collection services financing
- Health and safety programs
- Effective billing practices and customer service program
- Education and community outreach programs
SWANA offers this course as a stand-alone learning experience that can also be used to supplement the learning and experience needed to prepare for certification in this discipline. Please note that passing a certification exam requires amassing knowledge, skills, and abilities over time from a variety of sources; no one course provides all of the knowledge needed to pass a certification exam. Knowledge is typically gained over time from years of experience in the field; online courses, webinars, and podcasts; in-person seminars, events, and workshops; and on-the-job training.
This course is designed as a 100% self-study, online learning experience.
You will receive access to 12 video recordings of the lessons, the eBook, and supplemental materials. (The printed course manual is available at an additional charge.)
Upon completion of the course, SWANA awards participants 30 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), formerly known as CEUs, to apply toward a current SWANA certification.
To ensure you receive the PDHs, send an email to email@example.com when you have completed the course.
This course is ideal for collection system owners, operators, managers, system planners, and employees responsible for collection system operations management.
NEXT STEPS: Register using the links in the ribbon above.