onDemand Integrated Solid Waste Management Systems Training Course
Managing ISWM Systems gives industry professionals an excellent grounding in the various issues involved in the management of solid waste systems, including:
- Planning, Regulatory Considerations, and Public Education
- Facility Basics (landfills, transfer stations, waste-to-energy facilities)
- Collection Systems
- Recycling and Reuse Programs
- Management of Hard-to-Handle Wastes
- Incorporating Emerging Concepts into Existing Systems (product stewardship, zero waste, conversion technologies, greenhouse gas reduction, and renewable energy options)
- Funding Options, Budgeting, Contracting, and Procurement
- Health and Safety
- Personnel Management
SWANA offers this course as a stand-alone learning experience that can also be used to supplement the learning and experience needed to prepare for certification in this discipline. Please note that passing a certification exam requires amassing knowledge, skills, and abilities over time from a variety of sources; no one course provides all of the knowledge needed to pass a certification exam. Knowledge is typically gained over time from years of experience in the field; online courses, webinars, and podcasts; in-person seminars, events, and workshops; and on-the-job training.
This course is designed as a 100% self-study, online learning experience.
You will receive access to 19 video recordings of the lessons, the eBook, and supplemental materials. (The hard-copy coursebook is available at an additional charge.)
Upon completion of the course, SWANA awards participants 30 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), formerly known as CEUs, to apply toward a current SWANA certification.
To ensure you receive the CEUs, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you have completed the course.
Ideal for current and future managers of government solid waste management systems and other industry professionals who work in an advisory or consulting capacity to municipal waste managers.
NEXT STEPS: Register using the links in the ribbon above.