onDemand Transfer Station Management (US Version) Training Course
Prepare for the inevitable
Things happen. Are you prepared to respond with confidence and credibility if things go wrong in your transfer station? SWANA's Transfer Station Management course examines the core components of transfer stations — planning, design, operations, and management — and trains you to make sound, justifiable decisions even during challenging times.
SWANA offers this course as a stand-alone learning experience that can also be used to supplement the learning and experience needed to prepare for certification in this discipline. Please note that passing a certification exam requires amassing knowledge, skills, and abilities over time from a variety of sources; no one course provides all of the knowledge needed to pass a certification exam. Knowledge is typically gained over time from years of experience in the field; online courses, webinars, and podcasts; in-person seminars, events, and workshops; and on-the-job training.
OBJECTIVES: As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the steps, factors, local requirements in site selection, and development and conceptual design
- Describe site specific characteristics, such as building design, peak flows, waste processing and hauling technologies
- Implement procedures to protect transfer station property, identify problematic waste, and comply with requirements
- Minimize risk to personnel
- Maintain and properly use diverse equipment
- Comply with regulatory requirements and develop a comprehensive record
CONTENT: The comprehensive Transfer Station Management course covers the following essential topics and includes supplemental images, graphs, and real-world examples for effective transfer station management.
- Siting and Conceptual Design
- Large Transfer Station Design
- Small Transfer Stations and Convenience Centers
- Efficient Operation and Maintenance
- Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Emergency and Contingency Plans
- Regulatory and Permit Compliance
- Environmental Concerns
- Health and Safety
- Record Keeping
This course is designed as a 100% self-study, online learning experience.
You will receive access to 13 video recordings of the lessons, the eCoursebook, and supplemental materials. (The hard-copy coursebook is available at an additional charge.)
Upon completion of the course, SWANA awards participants 30 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), formerly known as CEUs, to apply toward a current SWANA certification.
To ensure you receive the PDHs, send an email to email@example.com when you have completed the course.
Ideal for solid waste directors and supervisors, transfer station managers, developers, consulting engineers, and those who aspire to those positions.
NEXT STEPS: Register using the links in the ribbon above.