Transfer Station Management Training Course
Las Vegas, NV
Wednesday, February 9 – Friday, February 11, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Prepare for the inevitable.
Things happen. Are you prepared to respond with confidence and credibility if things go wrong in your transfer station? SWANA’s Transfer Station Management course examines the core components of transfer stations — planning, design, operations, and management — and trains you to make sound, justifiable decisions even during challenging times.
This course gives industry professionals an excellent grounding in the various issues involved in the management of solid waste systems.
As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the steps, factors, local requirements in site selection, and development and conceptual design
- Describe site specific characteristics, such as building design, peak flows, waste processing and hauling technologies
- Implement procedures to protect transfer station property, identify problematic waste, and comply with requirements
- Minimize risk to personnel
- Maintain and properly use diverse equipment
- Comply with regulatory requirements and develop a comprehensive record
The comprehensive Transfer Station Management course manual is a must-have job reference tool that covers the following essential topics and includes supplemental images, graphs, and real-world examples for effective transfer station management.
- Siting and Conceptual Design
- Large Transfer Station Design
- Small Transfer Stations and Convenience Centers
- Efficient Operation and Maintenance
- Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Emergency and Contingency Plans
- Regulatory and Permit Compliance
- Environmental Concerns
- Health and Safety
- Record Keeping
The course will be presented as a live, in-person learning event led by a SWANA-certified faculty instructor.
Location & Hotel Reservations
Tuscany Suites & Casino
255 E. Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89169
Currently, Las Vegas mandates mask-wearing indoors at all times for vaccinated and unvaccinated persons. SWANA will uphold the mandate.
As such, SWANA expects its instructors, students, and staff to comply with the local requirements, and will remind students of the mandate throughout the program.
The course includes the Transfer Station Management course manual.
Continuing Education Credit
Upon completion of the course, SWANA awards participants 30 continuing education credits.
Who Should Attend
Ideal for current and future managers of government solid waste management systems and other industry professionals who work in an advisory or consulting capacity to municipal waste managers