WASTECON Attendance Benefits
As the solid waste industry grows and evolves, it’s more important than ever to grab opportunities that offer the most convenient and economical means to advance your career and ensure your company’s success. WASTECON 2021, November 1–4 in Orlando, FL will enable you to hear from renowned industry leaders and new voices about how they are creating their own Route to Sustainable Strength!
WASTECON is the premier solid waste executive leadership summit
Attendance at WASTECON also allows you to explore topics such as:
- Diversity, equity, & inclusion
- How waste can be an economic driver for your community
- How to fulfill your city’s leaders’ commitments to environmental improvements
- And so much more!
With many travel and continuing education budgets modified, we know that it’s a greater challenge to substantiate the expense, regardless of the merits of a conference. In response to this need, we developed resources to help you justify this investment to your supervisor, as well as other resources to consider in requesting financial support.
Featured Keynote Speakers
Hear from renowned industry leaders about how they are creating their own Route to Sustainable Strength! View all Featured Speakers.
Workshops and activities that dive deeper into a topic, smaller groups for brainstorming and networking. Seating is limited. View all Leadership Intensives.
SWANA’s Safety Summit focuses on improving health and safety throughout the solid waste industry. This track of sessions will explore pressing collection and post-collection safety issues. View the Safety Summit Agenda.
Reimagined to adjust to the new normal, WASTECON is back and ready like never before to provide crucial face-to-face networking! From the WASTECON 2021 Golf Tournament to the Exhibit Hall Opening Reception, WASTECON kicks off with opportunities for laidback, easy networking. There will be plenty of time to catch up with old friends and meet new connections.
WASTECON provides dedicated time and a forum for colleagues to talk about how to apply what you’re learning back at the office or solid waste site. The more staff you send to WASTECON, the more relevant this aspect becomes.
General Tips for Planning Your Trip to WASTECON
- Focus on specifics that you will bring back to improve your organization as return for this investment.
- Review the schedule and descriptions of the sessions that will be offered at WASTECON.
- Identify the sessions that could provide you with information and training that will impact your organization.
- Discuss these opportunities with your colleagues
- Need CEUs toward your certification OR license renewal? Remind your supervisor that WASTECON offers ways to earn up to 30 SWANA CEUS towards your current SWANA certifications. Your CEUs may also qualify towards other certifications and licenses you hold.
- Attending WASTECON gives you networking and access to new products and technologies you need—all in one place at one time. This maximizes your time away from the office.
- Check out a complete listing of all sessions that you can attend to help you plan your CEU collection.
- Check out the WASTECON Registration Page to see if you qualify for any discounts on registration rates.
- Offer to set up some times to share what you’ve learned at WASTECON with your colleagues upon returning. As an attendee, you’ll have access to the online conference proceedings. This way, more people on your team can benefit from WASTECON.
- Prepare a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending WASTECON.