SWANA CEU: 1
Información de traducción
Ablioaudience Escriba este código de evento, que distingue entre mayúsculas y minúsculas: E-zyaB
Moderator: Scott Pasternak, Senior Project Manager at Burns & McDonnell
Have you dealt with the media lately? If not, it’s only a matter of time. Videoconferencing platforms like Zoom have given reporters greater access to public figures than ever before. But doing an interview without the proper training presents more risks than benefits.
Former CNN correspondent and founder of MediaWorks Resource Group, Mark Bernheimer, offers his unparalleled insight into the tactics, motivations, and “tricks of the trade” of the modern-day news media. Bernheimer’s highly interactive presentation will share:
- What happens when a reporter is better prepared than you
- The simple, two-step formula for effectively conducting any news interview
- Why reporters tend to focus on the negative, and what you can do about it
- Language you should never use in an interview
- Four productive alternatives to “no comment”
- How to look and sound your best when doing an interview from home
There’s no slide show in this session. Instead, Mark’s highly popular presentation includes actual news video clips, anecdotes from the field, and live media training interview drills for selected volunteers on subjects that matter to SWANA members. One thing’s for sure: You’ll be talking about this one the next day.
During the keynote session, Mark will be conducting realistic interview practice drills simulating news interviews and then offering coaching tips and guidance for improvement. We are looking for 2-3 volunteers to participate in these short interview practice drills. Hurry, survey closes January 14!